Chelsea news and gossip is coming in thick and fast and Sportarena is on hand to bring you all the very latest from Stamford Bridge.
Pep Guardiola gives his blessing for Sergio Aguero to join rivals Chelsea
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has admitted that he would have no problem if Sergio Aguero joined an English rival in upcoming summer transfer window.
The 32-year-old forward will leaving Etihad when his contract expires and Pep Guardiola claimed on Frida that he would have no problem with the striker joining a Premier League rival.
Chelsea have reportedly positioned themselves in land the Argentine while Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid kept tab on superstar striker, who is the fourth all-time Premier League goalscorer, and the highest non-English scorer, in the competition’s history, with 181 goals.
‘All of us wish the best for him,’ said Guardiola. ‘We’ll be delighted with the decision he takes, the best for him and his family, to find the best for Sergio for the last years of his career. My preference is his preference. His preference is my preference. The best for him is the best for us.’
‘Sergio is a lovely person with specific qualities and skills,’ added Guardiola. ‘I understand him, I know him, and I understand he needs time to get in the best condition.’
Striker chase hots up with new man added to shortlist
It’s no secret that Thomas Tuchel is looking to refresh his Chelsea frontline in the summer with the club eyeing a big money move for Borussia Dortmund forward Erling Haaland.
The highly-rated forward has been via as frontmen that can help the Blues back in contestant for Premier League title but due to monitoring by others top club’s across the Europe Marina Granovskaia and the club hierarchy are certainly not putting all their eggs in that Norweigian-shaped basket.
City star Sergio Aguero and former striker Romelu Lukaku are reportedly being monitoring by Blues’ hierarchy but according to ESPN, the Belgian might not be the only Inter striker attracting admiring glances from Stamford Bridge with Argentine Lautaro Martinez also another name on the list.
Lautaro Martinez pic.twitter.com/c0LB2Iz9Q4— DP (@dictatedplay) April 15, 2021
With 17 goals this season, the 23-year-old forward could be in line for a move to London but is likely to cost upwards of £60million.
Tuchel provided an injuries update on Kante and Kovacic ahead of Man City clash
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has confirmed tireless midfielder N’Golo Kante is ready to start in Saturday’s FA Cup semi-finals tie against Manchester City but Mateo Kovacic will be unavailable.
Kante, 30, missed Blues’ 5-2 defeat to West Brom with an hamstring injury sustained during the international break.
The Frenchman made return to action as substitute in both of Chelsea’s fixture against Porto and Palace before playing 90 minutes in the 1-0 loss against the Portuguese side in the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final.
Kante will likely be called upon to start once more against Premier League leaders, with German coach revealing that the tireless midfielder had been given ‘the green light’ to play – but Kovacic will not be back for the match.
The German coach confirmed that the Croatian international is feeling better after missing the second-leg tie against FC Porto due to a hamstring injury picked up the day before the game in training, but will not be ready in time to face City but he stated that starlet Billy Gilmour would be an option to use in Kovacic’s place.
‘Both yes,’ Tuchel said when asked whether Kante and Gilmour could both play a part against Manchester City.
‘We have the green light for N’Golo because we’ve had three days between games that make a huge difference.
‘Mateo is unfortunately still out. He is feeling better but can’t be in the squad. And Andreas Christensen is out and can’t be in the squad. That is the situation.’