Arsenal news live: Partey deal close, Cazorla set for return, Guendouzi latest

Arsenal news and gossip is coming in thick and fast and Sportarena is on hand to bring you all the very latest from Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal close to Thomas Partey transfer

Arsenal have reportedly close on completing the deal of Atletico Madrid star Thomas Partey as Mikel Arteta keen to strengthen his midfield options ahead of next campaign.

Partey, 27, who contracted at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium until 2023, has been heavily linked with a move to Emirates in recent months.

And according The to Spanish publication La Razon, claims Mikel Arteta is desperate to bring the Ghanaian international to Emirates stadium this summer by triggered his £47million release clause.

La Razon also reports that the Premier League giants are tracking three more La Liga prospects in addition to Partey.

Levante’s Enis Bardhi, Espanyol’s Marc Roca who valued at £36.4million and Valencia’s Carlos Soler is being monitoring by Gunners head coach ahead of next campaign.

Arsenal chiefs respond to Matteo Guendouzi requesting to leave

Arsenal have no intention of selling talented midfielder Matteo Guendouzi – and reportedly told him as much.

The 21-year-old has held talks with Arsenal chief last week to discuss his future after he was dropped my boss Mikel Arteta following grabbing Neal Maupay by the throat in Arsenal’s defeat by Brighton.

Mikel Arteta has left the Frenchman out of his squad that beat Southampton and his side latest victory over Sheffield United in FA Cup quarter-final on Sunday afternoon.

And According to The ESPN, Guendouzi later went to go speak to the Arsenal board about his future, where he admitted he wants to leave.

The 21-year-old is worried about the amount of game time he is getting, but the board reportedly informed him that they have no intention of selling.

Santi Cazorla wants to join Mikel Arteta in a coaching role at Arsenal

Villarreal midfielder Santi Cazorla is reportedly want to join Mikel Arteta in a coaching role at Emirates stadium.

The 35-year-old has been in superb form for the La Liga giants since returning to action after almost two years out injured, but is edging closer to retirement and is eyeing a return to Arsenal.

Cazorla, who spent six seasons with the Gunners, made 180 appearances across all competitions, scored 29 goals and contributing 42 assists.

Since return action with La Liga club, the 35-year-old made 79 appearances and scoring 19 goals.

The midfield veteran wants to keep playing for as long as he can and is set to reveal his decision at end of the season, but a return to the Gunners appears to be on the cards.

And according to The Spanish football expert Guillem Balague has revealed that the Spaniard want Arsenal return but yet to make final decision on return to Emirates this summer.

He told me he would love to join Arteta in a coaching role but wanted to keep playing for as long as he could. He has said now that he has decided his future already but will only tell at the end of the season. He has given no clues of what he will dohttps://t.co/hMsuI7y6HW— Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague)June 28, 2020

Dani Ceballos hints at Spain return

Arsenal midfielder Dani Ceballos has confirmed that he open to a return to former club Real Betis this summer.

Ceballos, who scored winner goal at Bramall Lane stadium on Sunday afternoon in FA Cup quarter-final clash with Sheffield United made 30 appearances in all competitions for Gunners after joined on a season-loan deal form Real Madrid this season.

The central midfielder is unlikely to feature under Zinedine Zidane at Madrid next year and there are hints he could return to Betis, who he left in the summer of 2017.

‘Betis? It’s an option,’ he told Cadena SER. ‘They’re the team that gave me the chance to become a footballer and I’m still a Betis supporter.

‘I’m not closing the door on any club. La Liga sounds good to me, but I’m also happy at Arsenal and I have to respect them.

‘I’m not ruling out staying in the Premier League.

‘I’m the master of my own future next year. Next year I want to play, and I’ll hardly be able to do it at Real Madrid.’

Inter Milan target Aubameyang

Inter Milan have reportedly identified Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as a potential replacements for Barcelona target Lautaro Martinez.

The Catalan giants are strongly linked with a move for Argentine star, who has a £100m release clause as they keen to strengthen their attacking options ahead of next campaign.

And according to The Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport, via Sempre Inter, claims the Nerazzurri have made Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang their main target should Martinez depart.

The Gabonese striker, who has been prolific in north London since his move from Borussia Dortmund in January 2018, is out of contract a year from now and Arsenal may decide to cash in this summer.

Inter believe they can sign Aubameyang for a fraction of the fee they could receive for Martinez.

Brazilian medic Bruno Mazziotti expected to join Arsenal from PSG

According to The Athletic’s David Ornstein,Paris Saint-Germain head of physiotherapy Bruno Mazziotti is expected to join Arsenal at the end of the season.

Chris Morgan is leaving the role at the North London club to return to Liverpool, and the Gunners have identified the Brazilian as a replacement.

The 42-year-old is highly rated by Brazilian heroes Ronaldo, Neymar, Thiago Silva and Alexandre Pato and has been with PSG since 2018.

Following the sacking of their head of performance Martin Buchheit, Mazziotti will leave Parc des Princes once their Champions League campaign is over.

He is friends with Arsenal’s technical director Edu, having worked together at Corinthians and the Brazil national team, and while nothing has been signed, an agreement is believed to be close.

Arsenal are ready to sell 18-year-old striker Folarin Balogun

Arsenal will allow young striker Folarin Balogun to leave the Emirates this summer rather than lose him for nothing next year, according to The Athletic.

The 18-year-old is yet to make his senior debut for the club but has impressed for the Gunners’ Under 23s, scoring 10 goals in 16 appearances this season.

The Premier League side reportedly turned down a £5million offer for Balogun from Brentford in January in the hope of agreeing a new contract with him.

But after failing to make a breakthrough in talks, Arsenal are ready to sell him when the transfer window reopens as long as a suitable offer arrives.

Balogun’s current deal expires at the end of next season and the Gunners would only receive a limited about of compensation for him, especially if he moves abroad.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply